Posted by Albert Gersh - October 06, 2015
The Palestinian Authority (PA) has been paying hundreds of thousands of shekels to Palestinian terrorists being held by Israel, with the majority of the recipients being members of the Hamas terror group, according to documents released this morning by Israel Radio and confirmed by officials linked to the PA.
Recipients included terrorists responsible for dozens of murders, among them Abdullah Barghouti, a Hamas bomb-maker serving 67 life sentences, and Ibrahim Hamad, a former head of Hamas’ military operations in the West Bank serving 54 life sentences. Barghouti received almost $66,000 from Palestinian coffers and Hamad received $53,000. The revelations come amid a wave terrorist attacks which have targeted Israeli civilians and which have renewed criticism of the U.S.-backed and -funded PA for its role in fomenting the violence. The spike occurred almost immediately after a United Nations speech by PA President Mahmoud Abbas that the Israeli government had branded
as “incitement” and top Palestinian officials, including Abbas
, have declined to condemn the attacks. Last Thursday an Israeli couple was shot and killed
in a drive-by attack in the West Bank and two days afterward two Israelis were stabbed to death
in Jerusalem. Unrest linked to the PA broadly, and to Abbas more specifically, has been fomenting for months. The Palestinian leader had reacted to recent riots in Jerusalem by reportedly declaring
that Jews “have no right to desecrate [the Al-Aqsa Mosque and Church of the Holy Sepulchre] with their filthy feet” and that Palestinians “won’t allow them to do so and we will do whatever we can to defend Jerusalem.”
Two high-ranking members of the Iranian military made threats against the United States in public statements Sunday, with one saying that the conflict between the Islamic Republic and the U.S. “will never end.”
“The raison d’etre of our quarrel with [the United States] is a quarrel between the right and wrong in nature, hence, this conflict will never end,” Ali Fadavi, the admiral of the the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps Navy, told Fars News. Fadavi added that although U.S.-Iran hostilities would continue in perpetuity, it would not be the United States who will instigate future issues, since “Today the Islamic Republic enjoys such a power and capabilities that the enemy cannot even think of confronting Iran.” Fadavi has issued increasingly bellicose rhetoric against the United States over the past year, repeatedly threatening to attack U.S. Navy ships in the Persian Gulf. Sources in the Pentagon told the Washington Free Beacon last month that Iranian warships confront U.S. Navy vessels on a “nearly daily basis.”
Fadavi’s Air Force counterpart, Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh, said in a speech on Sunday that “all U.S. military bases in the Middle East are within the range of” its ballistic missiles. Fars News reported:
“Some of the threats by the US are aimed at appeasing the Zionists, while others are for the purpose of domestic consumption (in the US), but what is important is that they are aware of and acknowledge our capabilities and deterrence power; we do not feel any need to increase the range of our missiles and (our perceived enemy) targets are fully within the range of our missiles,” Brigadier General Hajizadeh said, addressing a group of professors of Iran’s Science and Technology University in Tehran on Sunday.
Hajizadeh added that Iran will not slow down developing ballistic missiles and did not recognize the UN Security Council resolution that bans Iran from doing so. “We do not see any restriction for our missiles and the IRGC’s preparedness and missile drills are conducted without a halt and according to our annual time-table, but only some of them are publicized through the media,” Hajizadeh said. (via TheTower.org)
On a mission to connect the world to the internet, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has announced that an Israeli-made satellite is one of the key proponents to making this happen.
Zuckerberg said Facebook, in collaboration with France’s Eutelsat Communications, will launch the AMOS-6 in 2016 to deliver internet from space. The AMOS-6 satellite is built by Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI). Facebook and Eutelsat will lease the AMOS-6 satellite from Israeli global satellite services provider Spacecom
, the operator of the AMOS satellite fleet. “As part of our Internet.org
efforts to connect the world, we’re partnering with Eutelsat to launch a satellite into orbit that will connect millions of people,” Zuckerberg writes in a post on his Facebook page. “Over the last year Facebook has been exploring ways to use aircraft and satellites to beam internet access down into communities from the sky. To connect people living in remote regions, traditional connectivity infrastructure is often difficult and inefficient, so we need to invent new technologies.” AMOS-6 includes three Ku-Band beams covering the Middle East, Central East Europe and Pan-Europe alongside 36 Ka-band spot beams over Africa and Europe. It will be the satellite backbone for this new initiative that will leverage satellite technologies to increase the number of African citizens online. (via Israel21c